Wednesday 12 January 2011

A special Cake for Bang & Olufsen Party in Westbourne


I had a email from Tony at Beales Gourmet Catering in December with an ususal request to make a themed cake for a 85th Anniversary party at the Bang & Olufsen shop in Westbourne - originally the idea was to make a television but after discussions it was decided that I would replicate the B&O logo in cake.

I created a mix of lemon, vanilla and chocolate cakes and shaped them to look like the logo, each cake was filled with swiss meringue buttercream and coated with sugarpaste. To make the letters I cut out grey sugarpaste (very carefully!) and painted in edible silver paint.

Even though the snow was just setting it, I managed to get the cake to the party which I hear was a great success.

No comments:

Post a Comment