Thursday 30 September 2010

Hello Kitty Birthday Cake with matching Cupcakes!

A few weeks ago, I had great fun creating a special birthday cake for my daughter Annabelle with matching Hello Kitty cupcakes to give out to all her friends at her birthday party.

I created the little kitty faces by making run-outs in Royal Icing and adding extra special pink sparkly bows to each one. The cupcakes were yummy lemon ones with hidden lemon curd inside and topped with lemon buttercream. Once the Hello Kitty faces were on I finished them off with a nose and whiskers in black Royal Icing.

The cake was a 6" round with pink sugarpaste and pretty flowers and a love heart chain. I made a mini Hello Kitty to sit on top with a pretty scalloped skirt and matching bow. She is still sitting under a glass cake stand in our kitchen - I just can't bring myself to throw her away. Annabelle insisted that she should have a smile and I think she was right.

All the children wanted to take the big Hello Kitty home but were very happy with their own Kitty on the cakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment