Thursday 30 September 2010

Special Cupcakes for a Birthday Girl

Last week I received an emergency cupcake order from a Mum at school who had seen some of my creations coming in for my daughters and wanted to order something similar for her daughter's birthday. Her daughter was very keen on the hand dusted butterflies I had created previously but as these are very time consuming I didn't think I would have enough time.

I baked vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream and piped the buttercream to look like an open flower and made lilac butterflies with petal paste which I had painted and shimmered. I also made some little plunger blossoms and added them around the sides of the flower buttercream. The effect was finished with abundant sprinkles and glitter. It was wonderful to see her face when I arrived at school and to hear her say 'Mummy, look it's butterflies!'

Needless to say I loved my job that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment