Monday 28 June 2010

A Miniature Macaron Tower

For my final piece in my Level 2 A.B.C. Sugarcraft course I wanted to make a miniature wedding table with a macaron tower as the wedding cake. I love French macarons and make them all the time so I thought it was fitting to recreate a tower for the table.

The piece is very small and delicate, the collar alone took over 2 hours to make and when my Tutor Dawn put the collar on I held my breath waiting to hear it break. I then had to put the macaron tower on top of the cake. The macarons were all individually piped out using Royal Icing and to make sure they looked authentic I piped Royal Icing inside each shell before sandwiching them together and putting on a cone. As everything on the cake has to be edible I made the ribbon out of petal paste and shimmered to make it look like a real ribbon.

I was delighted with the result, although I managed to damage the collar in my exhibition for a brief period of time the cake was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment