Wednesday 5 May 2010

Dragonflies for a Special Girl


My daughter Charlotte turned 7 this weekend and even though she is having her 'proper' cake, as she calls it, at her party on Saturday there is a tradition at her school that the parents bring in a cake, or cakes for them to share with their friends, which I think is lovely. They also sing Happy Birthday and get to blow out candles in assembly - great fun!

So considering that I am training in cake design I couldn't really pop to the shops and turn up with plain fairy cakes. Charlotte had asked for dragonfly fairy cakes (featured in the Planet Cake book). So I pushed up my sleeves and with a bit of lilac shimmer, petal paste wings and purple royal iced bodies created these.

I have to say I was really pleased with the end result, and when I dropped them off at school Charlotte was very popular with her friends. I just hope the other Mummies didn't mind the lilac shimmer effect that ended up on their lips making them all look like funky models!

No comments:

Post a Comment